Thursday, May 17, 2012

My Dreams of the Future

In my life, I'd like to live in my own house. The two places I would want to live in would be Vancouver or Calgary. I think both places are very nice. If I would be unable to live in either place, I would still want to live in an urban area. I would like to take vacations and travel across Canada. I would like to have a good job that was interesting and exciting. I would have a car to drive. I would want to be happy and have no regrets. It would be nice to be financially stable but if there were hard times, that would be okay too. I'd have good friends and good relations with relatives. I would want to be healthy and fit, not sickly and/or overweight. And most of all I would like to have a family with children and a wife. Someone that shared similar interests to me, someone who would understand who I am. That is what my dreams are for the future.

1 comment:

  1. You're dreams are definitely more modern than George and Lennie's. For instance, you want to travel across Canada (by airplane I assume?) and this would be more difficult for George and Lennie. You also want to live in a urban area, not a rural/suburban area. Lennie and George don't want cars nor do I think they could acquire one. You want to live in two specific cities whereas they don't have anything specific in mind. They also don't want to have vacations, because their lives in the dream are a vacation. Similarly you all want to live in a house, be happy, and have a good job. You all want to be financially stable. The similarities end there.

    Anne Frank and you don't have much in common. All I can recall about Anne Frank's dreams are that she wants to be alive, a writer, and have a family. Everything else that you have said is completely different than Anne's dreams. Oh! There's a similarity! You both want a family: a spouse and kids. And I assume that she wants to be happy.

    Coltin, you have the best chance of achieving your dream. Doesn't that give you a good feeling? Let's face it, some one who is hiding in an office during the Holocaust has only a chance of living; nevermind achieving dreams. George and Lennie don't have much of a chance either seeing as they live during the great depression. You, live in 2012. You grew up with a well-off family in Vancouver and have a good life. You've already achieved things such as being fit!

    ReplyDelete