Monday, May 7, 2012

My Room

My room is green, a sunny green. The type of green that you see when the sun seeps through maple leaves in the summer time. It has a stained glass window from the early 1900s. Not much light goes through this window,  but it gives the room some character. I have a beige carpet that is frayed at the ends. Loose threads hang from each end. My room is dusty at the moment and could use a good vacuuming too. In one corner is my trophy case with hockey medals and awards that I have won over the years. Outside my windows is the deck. In the summertime, it is nice to go out there and relax. Unfortunately, the deck hasn't been used since last fall and it is quite dirty. There is a two dark brown closets with swinging doors built by my dad. In another corner lies one of my bookshelves. This shelf contains my Series of Unfortunate Events books, my hardy boys collection, and many other mystery novels. Then there an unstable shelf containing board games. The shelf wobbles when ever something is taken from the shelf. It is from IKEA so it is not the nicest shelf. Then by my three windows is my castle project from grade 8. Dust has collected on it but I still look at it from time to time. It is placed on a stand and underneaths the stand is a mess of books and school supplies that needs to be cleaned up. Beside my windows is another bookshelf containing my Comic book collection. Next to that bookshelf is another bookshelf containing my Harry Potter, Goosebumps, and Hunger Games series. The bottom shelf contains my CDs (mostly greatest hits albums of bands from the '70s and '80s). This shelf is beside my dresser that my dad built. On top of the dresser lies many old toys that haven't been touched for many years. The oak floor underneath is scratched with age. Sometimes I receive the odd sliver by sliding my feet on the oak floor. Next to my dresser is my night table which is quite large. On the bottom shelves lay many board games that haven't been played for quite awhile. On the surface of the table is my broken radio that no longer works. Next to the night table is my bed. I have had this bed since I was 5 years old. My dad built it for me. It's becoming too small for me as my feet are constantly hitting the end of the bed. On the wall beside my bed is a picture of the Vancouver Canucks from 1994. It used to belong to my uncles John and James. That is my room. Sometimes I wake up on the weekend, the sun streams through the windows and reflects onto my beige carpet. When it does that, I have a feeling it is going to be a good day.

1 comment:

  1. Your room is a pretty typical modern day teenage bedroom. George and Lennie's bedroom is more of a really old 30-40's room with boring colored walls. Their bedroom is basically their entire house with the stove and the table. The sun that beams from their room seems to be a bit annoying for them, while you seem to like the colors of the sun reflecting green lights coming from your window.

    ReplyDelete